Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 75

Thread: Hondata Group Buy under way!

  1. #61
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Turismo:
    One last question:

    Can the Hondata chip be re-installed into a different ECU at a later date IF I would ever have the need, and at what cost? Regular $50 charge +removal fee or would you have to buy a whole new Hondata system?



    No, you definitely don't need to buy a whole new system. You just export the tables for the current ECU, create a new map for the new ECU, import the tables and reburn the chip. Totally easy. I did it with a P30 program for my P28. If you don't have a Stage 4B, I'm sure any Hondata dealer or user would do this for you for nothing. It's like 5 minutes (if that) of effort.


    Also, Does the cruise control have to be disabled or just if you choose the full throttle shift option to be active?


    You can mount the clutch switch wherever you want (for full-throttle shift). The cruise control switch just happens to be a very easy place. As far as keeping both, I can't answer that because I've already removed my cruise control switch. Doug will probably chime in with more info.

    Sonny

    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter

  2. #62
    Inactive Member coop94ls's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2001
    Posts
    27
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    So is there really a Hondata dealer in Arlington? What is their name and phone #????

    Thanks

    ------------------
    Coop

  3. #63
    Inactive Member Sonnyballs's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 12th, 2001
    Posts
    460
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by SpoolUp:
    Can I get any larger than 440cc injectors w/ this buy for the same price. What would the duty cycle be for a turbo b18b be running those 440cc injectors at 9psi w/ bosch pump (Approximately)??? How much boost can I run before I need bigger than 440cc injectors.

    Natty



    The Hondata system is designed to use saturated (aka high impedance) injectors since that is what the ECU is originally made to use. RC 440's are the largest saturated-style injectors made by RC (their web site says otherwise, but it is wrong). You can go as big as you want (sgT is running 750's) as long as they are saturated style injectors.

    It is easier to find peak-and-hold (aka low impedance) injectors in the higher flow rates, but using peak-and-old injectors requires the addition of a ballast resistor box.

    As far as what you can do with the 440's, a Vortech guy (SiRacer on clubsi.com) is running 10 psi of boost with his system using 440's and a high pressure pump. I believe his max fuel pressure is around 75-80 psi and maximum duty cycle is around 70%.

    My 6psi pulley (which registers 8 psi in the manifold confused ) has max duty cycle at 70% with fuel pressure at 53 psi and the stock pump.

    Sonny



    ------------------
    Sonny Van Hook ([email protected])
    2000 JRSC'd Civic Si @ 6psi (Powered by Hondata)
    1999 Tonykart/Honda 80cc Shifter

  4. #64
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I am in Houston and I was planning to go to Arlington for installation...but after talking to the guy there for a brief amount of time, it so much of a hassle since you need to make an appointment and all..plus on top of that, his map is a base map, which is tuned for a ITR instead of GSR. Also, Texas resident pays 8.25% tax..ouch!
    I ended up buying from Tom Payne as Sonnyballs had recommended...I get a 9psi GSR tuned map, free shipping, and ECU installation. The rest of Hondata installation is very straight forward. But anyways, here is the number for the dealer in Arlington.

    Alamo Motorsports
    817-860-4300

    ------------------

  5. #65
    Inactive Member 00ITR006's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 15th, 2000
    Posts
    355
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    is 8/20 the last day for the groupbuy or is it the 19 Sunday?

    ------------------
    00 FBP ITR 006 (supercharged)
    JRSC, JR Intake, JR BTC,JR Map Converter, Apexi Vafc, JDM Front end, Cwestin Hood and Bumper.

  6. #66
    Site Administrator Team Hostboard's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 5th, 2008
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    997,452
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    5 Post(s)

    Post

    The GroupBuy is open until the 20th. For those of you that can not make it, it might be possible for you to still take advantage of the pricing smile

    This will be on an individual dealer basis only and is not being requested for dealers to honer so ask NICELY with lots of PLEASE and THANK YOUs! So should you offer say 20% down payment on Monday with a final payment not to far behind you might be able convince them to squeeze you in.

    Again no promises on who will honor this and who will not as it is only a suggestion.

    Again thanx to Doug for making this possible as I know it has been alot of work.

    Oh and before I forget AEM FPRS! I really can not get much of a group buy as the contact I had is no longer working for the company nor in the field. BUT I did get someone to agree to $133.80 so if you interested let me know via e-mail.

    ------------------
    ...Steven
    HostBoard Administrator
    Help support HostBoard by clicking on a banner today!

  7. #67
    Inactive Member Hondata's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Turismo:
    One last question:
    Also, Does the cruise control have to be disabled or just if you choose the full throttle shift option to be active?

    I really dont want to lose the cruise all together.

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    The cruise control switch location is the easiest universal location for us to put a clutch switch. If you made an aluminum right angle bracket - installed a $3 lever switch, the lever switch could be installed further down the clutch leaving the cruise control working. Parts less than $10 and time about 1 hour to make and install.

    11psi GSR
    "When you buy the "boost" package with the 3 bar MAP sensor... Is the only difference the inclusion of the GM MAP sensor? In other words, if I buy the Stage 4b, can I go to a GM dealer and buy the sensor later, or is the software different too?"

    The only difference is the 3 bar map sensor. You click a small box in our software that says use 3 Bar Map sensor. Make sure you get the genuine sensor. Know also that the correct plugs for the sensor are almost impossible to find.

    coop94ls:

    You can use an OBD I P75 ECU for the Hondata.

    G3-TEG
    There was a mistake in the pricing. ECU Installation pricing of $50 should have been added to the price of the boosted stages. We will honor the published prices though.

    randomwalk101
    "Okay, I have a question...why the hell is the groupbuy price is more expensive than regular price"
    My inconsistancy in pricing sorry. Would a $5 discount be OK?

    Doug

    ------------------
    http"//www.hondata.com

    [This message has been edited by Hondata (edited August 19, 2001).]

  8. #68
    Inactive Member B18C's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 8th, 2001
    Posts
    41
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Is this group buy also good for you Canadian dealers?

    ------------------
    JRSC'd GSR (2000)

  9. #69
    Inactive Member randomwalk101's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 19th, 2000
    Posts
    1,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hondata:
    randomwalk101
    "Okay, I have a question...why the hell is the groupbuy price is more expensive than regular price"
    My inconsistancy in pricing sorry. Would a $5 discount be OK?

    Doug

    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Dough, it's all good...sorry I b*tch so much about little things...Thanks for the groupbuy on this great product. I'll go head with the price posted. Please put the $5 discount you offered me toward your excellent customer service. Thank you...



    ------------------
    It's powered by GASOLINE damnit!!!

  10. #70
    Inactive Member G3-TEG's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 12th, 1999
    Posts
    678
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Hondata:
    G3-TEG
    There was a mistake in the pricing. ECU Installation pricing of $50 should have been added to the price of the boosted stages. We will honor the published prices though.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Installation into an OBD I ecu of your choice is included.

    Stage 2d (datalogging but no boost) - $595
    Stage 2b (boost only) - $645

    Both include:
    Free Heatshield intake gasket (worth $60)
    Free ground shipping in the continental US.



    So Just to verify, stage 2 without boost including datalogging and ECU modification is $595 shipped to my door?

    So basically I'm getting the intake manifold gasket for free? Not bad. What about those that can't cash in on the $100 worth of tuning time?


    C speedbanner

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •